Legend has it that before achieving enlightenment, and becoming known as Buddha, Siddhartha nourished himself solely with Hemp Seeds, given how nutritionally rich these small seeds are. With 30 % protein, and considerable amounts of omega 3 and 6, vitamin E, and many other nutrients, these seeds are effectively a very rich food for children and adults.
Their high protein content make Hemp Seeds a very popular option among athletes, as well as those who follow vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system (niacin - vitamin B3)
- Contributes to the protection of cells against undesirable oxidation (vitamin E)
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism (phosphorus)
- Contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin (iron)
- Contributes to normal psychological function (magnesium)
- Contributes to normal blood pressure (potassium)
- Contributes to increase muscle mass (protein)
- 1 tablespoon per day
- as a topping for soup, yoghurt, salads or desserts
- added to smoothies or juices
- in recipes such as pesto